Step 1: Decide to Buy
The decision to purchase your first home is one of the biggest and best choices you could ever make. After all, a home is the largest – and most emotional – investment most people will face in their lifetime. So, how do you know if it’s the right time for you to buy?
There is never a wrong time to buy the right home. The key is finding the right buy and taking the time to carefully evaluate your finances.
A home purchase is an important step that can provide many advantages. Purchasing your own home is a great investment that can deliver several financial benefits – equity build up, value appreciation, automatic savings plan – not to mention a new sense of pride! Schedule a Buyers Consultation, and start looking at your options today!
Step 2: Hire Me
When you’re looking for a real estate professional to help you, know that above all else, good agents put their clients first. This is your dream, and your agent is your advocate to help you make your dream come true.
As a great agent, I will:
- Educate you about the current conditions of the market
- Analyze what you want and what you need in your next home
- Co-ordinate the work of other needed professionals throughout the process
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal possible
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines
- Inform, discuss, and suggest solutions to solve any problems that may arise
To make the financing process as painless as possible, I have partnered with the best lender that I believe provides the highest financial knowledge and consulting services. They will review your current financials to determine the options available to you during the home purchasing process.
Meet our lender, or apply here to get started!
Step 4: Find Your Home
So you’ve met with your trusted advisors, and now you’re ready to begin your search. As your real estate agent, I will pinpoint homes that fit your criteria and send them to you daily.
When thinking about your needs and wants in your new home, some questions you might ask yourself include:
- What amenities are crucial?
- How much space do you need?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would you be interested in a fixer-upper?
- How important is home value appreciation?
Step 5: Make an Offer
Once we’ve found a home you love, the next step is deciding on a price. It’s important to remember that a home is an investment. Aa your real estate professional, I will provide you with information on other properties in the neighborhood to help you ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to price.
During our buyers consultation, I will inform you of the process of making an offer and the steps it involves.
Step 6: Perform Due Diligence
Once you are under contract on a property, knowing what work has and has not been done to your home is important information to be aware of.
While updates can increase your home value, damages can take money out of your pocket. Your main concern is the possibility of structural damage, which can come from water, shifting ground or poor construction.
When an offer has been accepted on your property, we will schedule and perform a home inspection with our preferred affiliates to ensure the condition of the home, and expose any visible and non-visible issues that may arise in the future. Very often a problem appears to be big, but can be fixed with very little effort and not a huge budget. Dependent on the issue, it can be requested that the seller makes the repairs needed before the close of the sale.
Step 7: Close
Once you’ve determined a price point you’re comfortable with, you’re in the “home” stretch! (; I call this part the “waiting game”, as we are waiting for financing to finalize and your lender will be in contact with you frequently. In the mean time, ensure that you don’t put the property purchase at risk! You have a couple responsibilities that you’ll need to keep in mind:
- Stay in control of your credit and finances – Do not make any large purchases during this time (car, loans, etc). It’s important to keep your financials steady throughout the buying process.
- Keep in touch with your agent and lender – It’s important to stay in constant communication during this process. I will ensure to address the best forms of communication with you at the begging of this adventure. And, don’t be afraid to ask questions! We are here to help you!
Congratulations, and welcome home! The home-buying process is complete, which means it’s time for your maintenance plan! It’s now your responsibility, and in your best financial interest, to protect your investment for years to come. Performing routine maintenance on your home’s systems is always more affordable than having to fix big problems later. Be sure to watch for signs of leaks, damage and wear.
And remember, just because the sale is complete, our relationship doesn’t need to end! After you buy, I can still help you – providing information on the real estate market, finding contractors and repair services, and even tracking your home’s current value.
Source: Keller Williams Realty, http://www.kw.com/kw/8steps.html